September is Sepsis Awareness Month. Watch this on-demand webinar to see how the Rothman Index provides objective, timely, and effective data to flag patients who warrant closer clinical attention – for sepsis, or any reason.
What You Will Learn
Despite intense focus from global initiatives, sepsis still tops hospital priority lists as we work to detect patient deterioration earlier. Sepsis involves two patient care problems:
- Identifying sepsis at admission, and
- Predicting sepsis onset in the hospital (not present on admission)
The Rothman Index addresses both problems and helps hospitals achieve outcomes, such as:
- 8% lower sepsis mortality index at Houston Methodist Hospital after implementing care delivery protocols that included using the Rothman Index to more effectively measure patient acuity.
- 29% reduction in sepsis mortality at Yale-New Haven Health System following a clinical redesign that included the Rothman Index.
- 13% reduction in average cost per sepsis case at Bridgeport Hospital.
- Jonathan Fullerton, Managing Director, Strategic Initiatives, PeraHealth
- Carolyn M. Minnock, MBA, Regional Vice President, PeraHealth
- Hospital executives, clinicians, and care managers who need to identify patients at risk of rapid decline, make decisions about transfer and discharge, predict the risk of severe infection, and improve the overall efficiency and quality of care.
- Surgeons who prioritize cases for a clinical team.
- Quality Improvement Managers who need practical analytics.
- Chief Information Officers and Chief Medical Information Officers who need EMR integration and reliable implementation support.
September 19, 2019, 1-1:30 p.m. ET